New Components Engineer - CAD/NTI
Location Warwick, England, Egyesült Királyság
Állás azonosítója J000644121
Component Engineer – Electrical Distribution Systems
Dunton, Essex OR Coventry, West Midlands
It’s an exciting time for Aptiv, as we are taking on new projects and growing our team. If you are looking for your next challenge, we have opportunities for experienced engineers to join us.
As a Component Engineer, you will play a critical role, partnering with our customers to deliver on product engineering initiatives. You will provide expert knowledge to reach technical solutions in end engineering processes Working as part of the customer engineering team, you will manage the Customer Engineering design release for customer’s projects.
- Liaise with engineering in the control and generation of NTI CAD CATIA data and drawings.
- Document CAD activities and maintain all facets of CAD drawing generation in line with customer requirements
- Plan & manage projects according to customer timing plan; hit milestones and gateway reviews while collaborating with internal project controls.
- Create NTI design proposals & concepts, and take decisions regarding engineering changes.
- Verify designed solutions in prototype builds, virtual and physical and with key stakeholders in Customer Engineering & Manufacturing.
- Design NTI to fulfil Bill Of Design compliance and support design workshops to ensure harness design is within quality and cost targets.
- Ensure progress in NTI packaging and verify all relevant surrounding geometries for each NTI according to customer timing and methods.
- Release 2D drawings and 3D design according to timing, customer requirements and methods.
- Monitor project and identify and report deviations and change requests according to time plan and design.
- Support input to Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA).
- Ensure correct status within responsibility area in CAD Bill Of Materials alignment according to customer time plan.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers both at UK and European level, proactively managing the relationship to improve delivery against their expectations and to identify continuous improvements.
- Degree in Engineering (or related technical field) or equivalent level of job experience
- Certificate in 3D CAD (CATIA)
- Certificate in Team Centre (TCe)
- 3 years or more experience in CAD design of wiring harness and related components (Including cable channels, grommets and brackets)
- A sound knowledge of engineering design principles and tools
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
- Demonstrated Customer focused approach
Aptiv Rewards & Advantages
- Competitive compensation package including; Healthcare, Pension.
- Learning, professional growth and development in a world recognized international environment.
- Access to internal & external training, coaching & certifications.
- Recognition for innovation and excellence.
- Opportunities to give back to the community.
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv’s success. Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team, you’ll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some See Technology. We See a Way to Make Connections.
At Aptiv, we don’t just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what’s possible in the pursuit of making
transportation safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than 180,000 of us globally, located in 47 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let’s change tomorrow.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Kiemelt állások / Legutóbb megtekintett állások / Mentett állások
Legutóbb megtekintett állások
Nincsenek legutóbb megtekintett állásokMinden nyitott állás megtekintése
Nincsenek mentett ajánlatokMinden nyitott állás megtekintése